Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bob Fox, come on down..


MONTICELLO -- In the coming months, Bob Fox will spend time working with troubled, at-risk youth and will help encourage businesses to come to the city.

It will be part of the 200 hours of community service the 71-year-old ousted mayor must perform after pleading guilty Wednesday to four counts of Class D felony theft.

His subsequent sentence to three years probation in White Superior Court stems from an 11-week investigation this spring into allegations that Fox was reimbursed mileage claims for trips he never took.

"Judge, I hope I have the right words. Number one, I'm extremely ashamed," Fox said before a packed courtroom. "I want to apologize to the citizens of this great city of Monticello, Indiana, which I love very much and would do anything for."

No comments:

Site Meter